Life used to revolve around food and a check in every 10 minutes to see if my “abs” were still showing.
- I worked out 6, sometimes 7 days/week for at least an hour, I remember most of those workouts lasting 2-3 hours when I started adding cardio in with weight training.
- Macros ran my life.
- Vacations and social events always made me feel fearful and stressed.
Once I started listening to my body and actually honoring what it needed, which meant not forcing myself to do something my body didn’t want to do along with eliminating toxic self-talk (because it’s not that we are lacking will power, it goes way deeper than that), I was able to surrender control and meet that part of me with stillness and slowness.
Stillness and slowness? How the hell was I going to get anything done doing that?
I am getting the greatest gift of all from stillness and slowness and that is sustainable transformational healing.
My days look a lot different now.
I meet my body where it’s at each day. I don’t force it to do anything it doesn’t want to do.
- I move my body in ways that feel good to me. What does this look like? Well, there is no program or set schedule, but I love hiking, walking, swimming, hula hooping, and kayaking. 🏊♀️
- I intuitively eat and am in touch with my hunger and fullness cues. No macros, no calorie restrictions.
- Vacations are a blast and I live for social events.
Best of all……I live life AND eat bananas all the time! 🍌